Sunday, March 31, 2013

So many cats in one room

Me & my older brother, Jeff back in Midland, MI saying goodbye (for now)
For those who haven't yet heard the news, after much confusion about a final diagnosis for my brother, Jeff, the good news is he does NOT have lung cancer!  He was instead diagnosed with Sarcoidosis.  He is still awaiting information on treatment but we are all grateful that his diagnosis was better than we originally anticipated.  Keith & I have felt much relief with this news as we leave to head out on our most recent adventure...

We've been in Ohio for about a week now, spending lots of time with Keith's parents & Bria, Justin & Elleot.  Here's some pictures from our Ohio adventures thus far...
Keith's dad's head looks like it belongs on that body :)...visiting Indian Lake State Park, Ohio
Atop the highest point in Ohio - 1,549 ft!

Bria, Justin & Elleot picking out books at the library

Keith drying out banana chips & pineapple (& oranges, which were weird) for our PCT boxes
Got to see Keith's Grandma Virginia, Uncle Norman & Uncle Mark as they stopped by to drop off Keith's dad on their way back home from Uncle Karl's memorial down in Florida.  Glad we got to see them, if even for a little bit.  Elleot is growing so big & seems to change every day. We are so bummed we are going to miss his Dinosaur birthday in June.  :(

Tested out our packs with our barefoot shoes & I think I discovered I'm sticking with my old pack.  I am stubbornly in love with my Deuter.  We are greatly looking forward to April 22nd, the day we take our first steps on the trail...

We're here until Friday morning (Keith's mom's birthday!) & then heading down to Mattoon, Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment