Sunday, June 23, 2013

Maildrop #3

Here's the address for our next maildrop:

Box #3 - mile 1,197.6:
Keith & DeAnna Romstad
c/o Sierra Country Store
213 Main Street
Sierra City, CA 96125

If you'd like to send us something, you can send it out within the next week so it'll make it there on time...& write "ETA July 8th" on it because we hope to make it there sometime around there.

We are well rested & our bellies are full & it's time to continue on to the next part of our journey.  We've had a lovely, relaxing time here.  Next stop:  Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite National Park to grab a bite to eat/supplement our food in 35 miles, then we're heading straight to South Lake Tahoe.  We'll be arriving there around the 4th of July so we're hoping to get in & out as quick as possible to avoid all the chaos.  We'll see how that goes.

Keith was able to epoxy the heck out of my glasses so they're actually quite sturdy, just look a little goofy.  They should last just fine until I'm able to get new ones.  It's all part of the adventure...


2 comments:

  1. I love that you put your next mail stop. I won't be able to get something out this time, but continue to let us know some random stops and I'll get something out to you. Not sure what trail people need, but I think I know Keith and DeAnna well enough to know what they might want ;)

    Thanks for the pictures!!! So beautiful. I was trying to describe to Bill's sister and brother-in-law about your trip. I explained that you don't take a lot of pictures simply because you want to be fully present. They totally understood. They are pretty adventurous. They just competed in the Tough Mudder. It's the 12 mile race with crazy obstacles. Looks like they had a pretty good time.

    I'll have to send an e-mail. Looks like I have more to write than I thought.

    Thanks for the postcard. Arrived at the perfect time. I was holed up in bed because I strained my trapezius muscle and was having severe spasms in my neck...along with strep throat. It's been a monster of a thing, but they have given me some pretty good drugs. Hopefully it's all on its way out. It was excruciating there for a while. Still is, but I think I've just gotten used to it.

    Be well, and have fun!!!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending something today, Dee and Keith. Hope all is well. July is upon us here in Michigan and the waters are beautiful. Don't have to sing "I wish I was swimming..." We have you both in our thoughts. Love, Jana and Brad

    ReplyDelete