Monday, April 8, 2013

Wrong turn on I-55

Our car brought us safely to Mattoon, IL Saturday morning.  A short (a bit too short), sweet visit with my dad, stepmom & younger brother Caleb.  Saved the world TWO times from a Pandemic (in a board game...but still an accomplishment).  Also got to see my Uncle Ken & Aunt Carol which is always lovely...I am greatly looking forward to receiving my Newby Auto Body t-shirt someday in the future!!  We hope to be able to meet up with some of my Newby family when we hike through the Lake Tahoe area...the trick is trying to predict when we'll actually be making it there...

Douglas-Hart Nature Center just outside of Mattoon

Visiting the farm & surrounding area brings back a lot of memories

We left Illinois Sunday evening & are now in North Liberty, IA visiting my oldest sister Deana, her husband Josh & their kids - Jocoa, Maya & Coltrae...whom it's been far to long since we've last visited.  But I will share more about this in my next post...for now, we'll go to sleep to the sound of thunder & the view of flashes of lightning outside our window.

2 comments:

  1. So maybe I already knew this, but your sisters name is Deanna/Dena, too. Or is it pronounced different..?? - RedOak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think we did have this conversation before :) BUT...long E in her name, so not pronounced the same.

    ReplyDelete